Taking place from 10:30-11:45am on Fridays at Greyfriars Centre in Ringwood, our Advanced French CONVERSATION 2 class is for you if most of the following apply:
- you can speak fluently (if not perfectly) to a French-speaker about yourself, your family, and your likes and dislikes.
- you can use the present, past and future tenses effectively.
- you have a good working knowledge of direct and indirect object pronouns: I like them, she's talking to him...etc.
- your vocabulary is reasonably extensive and so you know the French for words such as to disappoint, carpet, heritage and manager.
...but might struggle with some or all of the following:
- using more complex tenses such as the pluperfect and the conditional past, even though you may have come across them at some point in the past.
- knowing when, and how, to use the subjunctive, and how to get around it if you don't want to use it.
- knowing where to put pronouns such as
en, especially when using tenses other than the present.
- understanding an article in a French current affairs magazine such as Le Point.
- following a documentary on a French TV station such as TV5 Monde.
As you can now already speak reasonably fluently, the objective each week is to have a general, not-too-serious and hopefully enjoyable debate around a particular thè d'actualité, using a newpsaper article, radio broadcast or TV report as a basis. We could talk about anything - from le Brexit to les paradis fiscaux. And suggestions from students are always welcome!
Although the majority of the students on this course have already completed our Advanced LANGUAGE course, this is not a prequisite so if you fulfil more or less the criteria above and would like to join a class where the focus is more on la conversation, you would be more than welcome.
The aim of these debates is to build up your confidence in speaking and listening to French and to broaden the vocabulary you use, and they are designed to replicate as far as possible the real-life discussions you could have with French people. Additionally, a number of grammatical issues tend to crop up during our discussions and guidance will be provided on these on an "ad hoc" basis.
Need more advice? Don't hesitate to call me on the number below.
Both our Advanced CONVERSATION classes are limited to a maximum of 8 students, so if you cannot book the class(es) you wish below, why not try our other class, taking place at 09:00-10:15am?
|Lesson Title||Lesson Date||Register|
|Advanced Conversation 2 - 10/10||Fri 24th Nov 2017 10:30 am||£12.00|