Intermediate French 1 - Ringwood
SUMMER FRENCH COURSE! NEW REFRESHER/INTERMEDIATE COURSE STARTS 9th JUNE
Get your French back up to scratch this summer with our new Intermediate French course, starting at 5:00pm on Friday 9th June. Places are strictly limited, and there are now just TWO SPACES LEFT!
If however you would prefer a lesson a little earlier in the afternoon, there are still spaces left on our other Intermediate course which started a week earlier and takes place at 3:30pm every Friday.
Please note that there will be no lesson on 7th or 28th July due to annual leave.
Our Intermediate French classes are for you if most of the following apply:
- you can introduce yourself to, and have a basic conversation with, a French-speaker.
- you are familiar with the three key verbs (
aller) in the present tense.
- you have some familiarity (even if this is minimal) with how to form basic past and future tenses.
- you're happy translating basic vocabulary such as tree, nephew, to watch and bicycle.
...but might struggle with some or all of the following:
- distinguishing between the imperfect and the passé composé when talking about events in the past.
- using direct and indirect object pronouns: I like them, she's talking to him...etc.
- using more advanced (but nevertheless common) vocabulary such as
You will, towards the end of the intermediate course, be able to start putting reasonably sophisticated sentences together. So we will devote the last two sessions of the course to improving your conversational skills, including:
- expressing your opinion, and your likes and dislikes;
- useful words and phrases to avoid awkward silences and "buy yourself a bit of time" while you're thinking of the rest of your sentence.
Need more advice? Don't hesitate to give me a call on the number below.