Intermediate French classes Salisbury
Please see below a snapshot of what we will be looking at in our Intermediate French course in Salisbury, starting on 16th January and taking place at 4:45-5:45pm every Wednesday at Wilton Community Centre (Room 4). The centre is just opposite the lovely Italianate church - map here.
Our Intermediate classes are for you if most of the following apply:
- you can introduce yourself to, and have a basic conversation with, a French-speaker.
- you are familiar with the three key verbs (
aller) in the present tense.
- you have some familiarity (even if this is minimal) with how to form basic past and future tenses.
- you're happy translating basic vocabulary such as tree, nephew, to watch and bicycle.
...but might struggle with some or all of the following:
- distinguishing between the imperfect and the passé composé when talking about events in the past.
- using direct and indirect object pronouns: I like them, she's talking to him...etc.
- using more advanced (but nevertheless common) vocabulary such as
You will, towards the end of the intermediate course, be able to start putting reasonably sophisticated sentences together. So we will devote the last two sessions of the course to improving your conversational skills, including:
- expressing your opinion, and your likes and dislikes;
- useful words and phrases to avoid awkward silences and "buy yourself a bit of time" while you're thinking of the rest of your sentence.
Need more advice? Don't hesitate to give me a call on the number below.
|Lesson Title||Lesson Date||Register|
|Intermediate #1: the present tense (1 of 2)||Wed 16th Jan 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #2: the present tense (2 of 2)||Wed 23rd Jan 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #3: Mais non! How to make negative sentences||Wed 30th Jan 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #4: revision of avoir, être and aller||Wed 6th Feb 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #5: using avoir and être to talk about events in the past (1 of 2)||Wed 13th Feb 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #6: using avoir and être to talk about events in the past (2 of 2)||Wed 20th Feb 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #7: Listening comprehension - santé (health)||Wed 27th Feb 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #8: using aller to talk about future events||Wed 6th Mar 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #9: the simple future tense||Wed 13th Mar 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|
|Intermediate #10: the other past tense - the imperfect||Wed 20th Mar 2019 4:45 pm||£13.00|